Welcome to the Emergency Preparedness Center
We’ve assembled a quick reference to local, state and national resources that may be useful in planning for the possibility of a major storm.
While shelters would be provided in the event of a hurricane, the ability to provide at least three days worth of food, necessary medications, and other provisions is part of any good home disaster plan.
Keep informed of current emergency notices via local radio and regional television stations. Public safety officials stress that directions to evacuate, home shelter or other action requests need to be followed.
For the current storm forecast, click HERE.
- Cape Cod Hospital: 508-771-1800
Red Cross: 508-775-1540
- Barnstable Police/Fire Emergency: 911
- Barnstable Police General: 508-775-0387
- Barnstable Fire Department: 508-362-3312
- COMM Fire Department: 508-790-2375
- Cotuit Fire Department: 508-428-2210
- Hyannis Fire Department: 508-775-1300
- West Barnstable Fire Department: 508-362-3241
- NStar: 800-592-2000
- KeySpan/National Grid: 800-548-8000